Money Management and Financial Assistance
Sources of financial help for AF community
Turn2Us are a registered charity in the UK offering assistance to people from all walks of life in need of financial advice and support. They have a special programme dedicated to assisting veterans: https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Your-Situation/Member-of-the-Armed-Forces-Veteran
The Veterans Charity are also a charity, who specialise in assisting the man and women of our forces who are experiencing monetary hardship: https://www.veteranscharity.org.uk/covid19-support .
The British Legion is an invaluable resource to anybody who with the Armed Forces connections. Use this Grant Finder (https://www.britishlegion.org.uk/get-support/financial-and-employment-support/finance/grants ) for an idea of what you may be entitled to, or check any of these sub-categories for specialised support:
- Crisis Grants, for small, unexpected expenses such as faulty appliances in the home.
- Veteran Medical Funding Grants, which is a funding programme financed by HM Treasury for veterans struggling with hearing loss or medical bills due to injury in service.
- Mobility Aid and Assistance Grants, for a veteran who finds his or herself requiring the use of a mobility scooter or other specialty vehicle.
- Household Equipment and Adaptation Grants, for changes that may need to be made to your home following service such as stair lifts of wheelchair ramps.
- External Grants, for any military veteran seeking financial assistance related to education and training, homelessness, family support or assisting the elderly.
- Employment Support Grants, for any veteran who may need assistance with training costs for a new career, or specialty uniforms and clothing.
- Women’s Section Allowances, for female military personnel, and the spouses of servicemen.
SSAFA provides information on social, family and financial issues to anyone that is currently serving or has ever served in the Army, Navy or Royal Air Force and their families (https://www.ssafa.org.uk/)
Veterans UK – provides a range of services including advice helpline (0808 1914 8 18 - available Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.), a welfare service that will provide a dedicated caseworker to assist veterans and their families, and support to war pensioners and war widow(er)'s. Source: https://householdquotes.co.uk/help-for-veterans/
Date Published: 15 Feb 2021