Citizens Advice Telford & the Wrekin

HMRC Advice & Support

Baffled by benefits? Confused by tax credits? Not sure about National Insurance? Citizens Advice Telford and the Wrekin are here to help.


Citizens Advice Telford and the Wrekin is delighted to be currently working alongside Good Things Foundation to deliver our HMRC Advice and Support programme.
Funded by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC), our advisers are able support individuals who need extra help in understanding and complying with their tax obligations, claiming their entitlements, or accessing other HMRC services and products, including those who are digitally excluded. Our advice is free, confidential, and independent - and available to all residents in Telford and the Wrekin through Citizens Advice.
For more information, see our posters and infographics.

How can we help?

Over the last 6 years' of delivery of this programme, we advised and supported local residents with:
  • HMRC welfare benefits enquiries - such as claiming Child Benefit or tax credits renewals
  • Contributory benefits such as New Style Employment and Support Allowance or New Style Jobseekers Allowance
  • Tax code issues
  • Claiming Marriage Allowance
  • Checking national insurance contributions
  • Dealing with tax credits overpayments (supported by our local FCA-regulated Debt Unit)
  • Self assessment penalties

How can you contact us?

If you require advice or some support with contacting HMRC in any area as detailed in the posters, contact us.
If you are professional supporting a service user with an HMRC-related query, use our partner portal.

Advice is available via phone, email or face-to-face. Appointments by bookings only.